Café con Leche: Fast Facts
Kelly Strayhorn Theater is proud to present Yo Soy Latina! this weekend at our main stage, but before you grab your ticket, brush up on some Fast Facts on Sherry Torres, a local leader bringing Latin culture to the forefront in Pittsburgh with Cafe Con Leche!
- Tara was raised in Brooklyn, and came to Pittsburgh six years ago for grad school
- Tara Sherry-Torres founded Cafe con Leche in 2014, after becoming a Artist Most Wanted Resident Artist that same year
- Cafe con Leche caters to Pittsburgh’s Latin American community, providing a space space to connect and promote various Latin Cultures
- Cafe con Leche also has hosted events like Herencia Africana, Chilean Independence Day and even Pop Ups and Salsa events across the city
- In addition to using food to build community, Cafe Con Leche events also feature dance, music and even lecture and historical components!
To discover more about Cafe Con Leche’ s history, visit their site here. They are also partnering with New Voices Pittsburgh to present Yo Soy Latina!, a play about three Latina characters and the struggles they face being women of color. Playwright Linda Nieves-Powell will also be in attendance at the show! The play premiers at KST this Saturday, March 17, and you can purchase tickets here!
Comments are closed