Legendary Roger Humphries: Fast Facts
By Trevor Miles
On November 29th, local artist Roger and the RH Factor will perform at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater, as a part of the 7th Annual Suite Life: A Billy Strayhorn Birthday Bash.
Roger Humphries has had an incredible five decades in the jazz world and you can learn more Fast Facts about his legacy right here!
- Humphries went professional at 14 as a jazz drummer
- He has worked with greats like Ray Charles, Lionel Hampton, and Horrace Silver
- RH Factor, Humphries band, was created in 1972
- He has taught at the University of Pittsburgh, The Pittsburgh High School for the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA), Slippery Rock University
- February 23 is recognized by the City of Pittsburgh as Roger Humphries Day
- He has done extensive touring in Europe, even releasing an album there
- Humphries has over a dozen albums on his discography, including a Christmas album
- Roger and the RH Factor perform regularly in Pittsburgh’s Strip District at CJ’s Lounge
Come and enjoy Roger Humprhies and the RH Factor: Nov. 29th :: Kelly Strayhorn Theater :: 8 PM
Link to tickets and more info:
Awesome post, Trevor!