newMoves Fast Facts: Anthony Williams
By Trevor Miles
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival! This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9th!
Anthony Williams, Choreographer
- Anthony’s exposure to art began when he was 16, after being cast as the Scarecrow in Black Ensemble’s production of The Wiz
- Anthony graduated with a BFA in Musical Theater from Milikin University
- Anthony has also worked with Deeply Rooted Productions and Pittsburgh August Wilson Center Dance Ensemble
- KST projects that Anthony has premiered include Identity (newMoves 2013) and Loving Black (Fresh Works, 2014).
- Anthony’s newMoves piece this year is named beingHUMAN
- beingHUMAN is influenced by Anthony’s time growing up in Boystown, Chicago, a heavily queer-populated area