newMoves Fast Facts: Alexandra Bodnarchuk
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9.
Photo by David Kelly
- Alexandra began training in jazz, ballet and tap at Benvin Dance Academy at the age of two.
- She has also studied various ethnic dance styles, including Eastern European Folk Dance and Ghanian Dance.
- Alexandra has presented work at the American Dance Festival, and the HATCH Presenting Series (NYC) and RAW Pittsburgh and RAW Minneapolis (June, 2015).
- Alexandra premiered CONNOTATIONS: unknown in May 2014 at PearlArts Studios.
- Her process is rooted in an exploration of visceral physicality through the lens of multiple techniques
- She’s also interested in photography
- Alexandra’s newMoves piece,…and counting, explores the values of numerical facts by which we define ourselves, as a means of assessing the past, present and future.
Photo By Lindsay Dill.
Pick up your newMoves festival passes today and check out Alexandra’s newMoves piece this Thursday.
Comments are closed