newMoves Fast Facts: Brady Sanders
By Trevor Miles
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival! This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9th!
Brady Sanders, Pittsburgh Choreographer
– Brady Sanders has studied at Point Park University, Illinois State University, Joel Hall Studio, and School of DanceWest Ballet
– Brady had even toured internationally with The Cavaliers World Champion Drum and Bugle Corps
– Brady also served as the Artistic Director of the Pride of Cincinnati Dance Ensemble for one year
– His newMoves piece is titled The Screen Between Us
– The Screen Between Us explores our love affair with technology, and will use modern dance techniques and pose the question, “Are we designing technologies that give us the illusion of companionship without the demands of friendship?
– The Screen Between Us features Vic Damone’s rendition of Can’t Take My Eyes Off You and Connected, but alone? from Sherry Turkle’s TED Talk.
You can watch Brady’s work, Something Unknown on his Vimeo, and get tickets to experience his team live here!
Comments are closed