newMoves Fast Facts: Elizabeth Atwell
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9.
- Factory Street Studios is based in Athens, Ohio
- Artistic Director Elizabeth Atwell has studied at American Ballet Theater, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, Ballet Met and other sites
- Elizabeth also served as an AmeriCorps member in Appalachian Ohio, and she is registered with Yoga Alliance
- Her choreography has been shown at the West Virginia Dance Festival and the Ohio Paw Festival
Elizabeth Atwell, Choreographer
- Her newMoves piece, Revolution, explores “What is dance? Movement? Someone dancing?”, and features four high school seniors.