newMoves Fast Facts: Elizabeth Atwell
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9.
- Factory Street Studios is based in Athens, Ohio
- Artistic Director Elizabeth Atwell has studied at American Ballet Theater, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, Ballet Met and other sites
- Elizabeth also served as an AmeriCorps member in Appalachian Ohio, and she is registered with Yoga Alliance
- Her choreography has been shown at the West Virginia Dance Festival and the Ohio Paw Festival
Elizabeth Atwell, Choreographer
- Her newMoves piece, Revolution, explores “What is dance? Movement? Someone dancing?”, and features four high school seniors.
Purchase your festival passes now to see her performance at newMoves and be sure to check out Factory Street Studios.
Comments are closed