newMoves Fast Facts: Jean-Paul Weaver
By Trevor Miles
This spring, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival! This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9th!
Jean Paul Weaver
– Jean-Paul’s newMoves piece is entitled Lalin
– Lalin is a piece about navigating the subconscious and the workings of his own inner desires and dreams
– Lalin was inspired by the Rorschach ink blot test
– In addition to dancing, Jean-Paul enjoys drawing. He showcases his art on his Tumblr Selki-Dimanche
– Jean-Paul has trained at Casper College and Alozo King’s Lines Ballet Training Program, Luna Negra Dance Theater, Lou Conte Dance Centre and Deeply Rooted Dance Theater Summer Intensive
– Jean-Paul has also presented work with Texture Ballet Theater and Ruth Page Center in Chicago
You can check out Jean-Paul’s Vimeo before you see Lalin at newMoves! Get your tickets here!
Comments are closed