newMoves Fast Facts: Moriah Ella Mason
This weekend, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9.
Interdisciplinary artist Moriah Ella Mason
- Moriah graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 2009 with a B.A. in Modern Dance and International Development
- Her choreography has been presented at Future Tenant, the New Hazlett Theater, Vox Populi (Philadelphia Fringe Festival) and venues throughout Philadelphia, Tucson and Brooklyn
- Moriah’s newMoves piece is named Diasporate.
- Diasporate reflects on Jewish history, and will feature two dancers using embodied experiences of ritual, prayer and inclusion
- Diasporate also explores whiteness, otherness and privilege in the United States
- Point Park graduate Riva Strauss will also be featured in this piece
You can read an excerpt of Moriah’s work with RAW/Yes Brain Dance Theater, and order your newMoves festival passes now.
Comments are closed