newMoves Fast Facts: Joan Wagman
This spring, KST presents the sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to presen short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7–9.
Joan Wagman, Pittsburgh Choreographer
- Joan was a dance professor at Chatham College, Youngstown State University and University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- She has shown her work at Wood Street Galleries, the Byham Theater and the New Hazlett Theater
- Joan has also done choroegraphy for plays, operas and musicals, including Romeo and Juliet, The Mikado and Parade
- Joan Wagman’s newMoves piece is entitled Pinkification
- Pinkification lightly touches on cancer, sexuality and inhumanities
Watch examples of Joan’s work on her vimeo, and order your newMoves festival passes here.
Comments are closed